Many, many thanks to Anita at Beverly Bees (Boston, Mass.), who nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award! It’s refreshing to know that people out there are actually reading the posts on your blog and appreciate your work. I keep two blogs — The Bee Lady and Kowalogy, which focuses on my reflections of teaching and education. I need to post on that one a bit more often!
So a shout out to Beverly Bees and Anita, who’s got a BEAUTIFUL website and lovely blog about beekeeping and below you will find the rules for a Versatile Blogger nomination and a list of my favorite blogs, whom I’m also nominating for the award. I’m pretty selective about who I follow so I can’t quite meet the 15 blog quota but these are really great bloggers who deserve some serious kudos. Keep on bloggin’!
Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other Bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other Bloggers know they have been nominated.
SEVEN RANDOM FACTS:
- Like Anita, my next backyard barnyard endeavor is chickens. My husband will be building the coop this fall and we plan to get five ladies in January. I plan to name them Truvy, M’Lynn, Annelle, Clairee, and Ouizer — not all that original, I know, but I love it!
- I have two fancy goldfish — Sunny and Happy. They are so cute and I love them, but watching them while I’m eating grosses me out and makes me nauseous.
- I think the city bus system is actually a social experiment being secretly filmed and studied by a covert government agency.
- If I could, I would eat a pound of cherries every day.
- My husband makes me laugh more than any person I know. It’s one of the prime reasons I married him.
- My favorite food is pork soup dumplings.
- I have lost or misplaced a beautiful piece of jade that I got in Ireland and it’s currently driving me crazy that I can’t remember when I last wore it or where I put it.
Blogs I’m nominating for a Versatile Blogger Award:
Kitchenette Foodie: My friend Ilona who does a lovely foodie blog!
Gen Y Girl: Kayla Cruz — You’re my hero! I wish I were as outspoken as you when I was your age.
The Paper Graders: Sarah M. Zerwin (Doc Z) and Jay Stott (Mr. S) and Paul Bursiek (Mr. B) — three teachers who write openly and honestly about what it means to be public school teachers and intellectuals.
Education Alchemy: Same as above.
LetMBee: Jason Bruns in Indiana, who — like me — let the beauty of the bees carry him in a new direction in life.
Bees & Chicks: Two women who combine two of my favorite topics — bees and gardening — and write about their experiences.
Mistress Beek: My fellow ABQ Beek Chantal Forster, who has done so much to advance beekeeping in The Duke City.
Backwards Beekeepers: Another amazing urban beekeeping group — in Los Angeles, nonetheless.